Loan Deferment

As an enrolled law student, you may be eligible to defer the repayment of educational loans you received for your prior studies. UH Mānoa submits enrollment data to the National Student Loan Clearinghouse to process deferments requiring academic certification. Contact the lender/holder/servicer of your prior educational loans for specific information on deferment procedures. For some loans, you may be required to submit a deferment form. The UH Mānoa Registrar's Office certifies student enrollment status and processes deferment forms.

If you are unsure who the lender/holder/servicer of your federal loans is, visit the National Student Loan Data System to recover this information.


Lisa M. Dye

Director of Financial Aid
(808) 956-5502