Laurie A. Tochiki '80
- Lecturer in Law
- President and CEO EPIC `Ohana, Inc.
- BA cum laude Whitman College 1977
- JD William S. Richardson School of Law 1980
- MSA Central Michigan University 1996
Laurie Tochiki is President and CEO of EPIC `Ohana, a Hawai`i non-profit organization that she co-founded in 1996. Laurie A. Tochiki served as Assistant Professor and Adjunct Professor from 1994 to 1999. She returned to the law school as Assistant Dean in Fall 1999 and was promoted to Associate Dean in Spring 2007. She was the coordinator and one of the founders of the Kids First program at the Family Court of the First Circuit.. She practiced for twelve years in the area of family law with eight years as a solo practitioner in Waipahu. She is a co-recipient of the Hawai`i State Bar Association "Golden Gavel" award, recipient of the Hawai`i Lawyers Care Niu Award and the Hawai`i Women Lawyers Community Service and Distinguished Service Awards. She serves as a member of the Board of Directors of Hawai`i Women Lawyers and Volunteer Legal Services of Hawai`i.
- Principal Investigator, Title IVE, Department of Human Services, Improving Child Welfare Training, Jan. 2008 – Jun. 2010.
- Principal Investigator, Judicial Pretrial Assistant Program, Family Court, First Circuit, Dec. 2008.