Avis Poai '04
- Director of Archives and Legal History, Ka Huli Ao Center for Excellence in Native Hawaiian Law
- Assistant Faculty Specialist
- BA highest honors University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- MLISc University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa
- JD cum laude William S. Richardson School of Law 2004
For the past six years, Avis worked as an attorney at Carlsmith Ball LLP. While in law school, Avis served as the Comments Editor for the University of Hawaiʻi Law Review. She also served as an extern to the Honorable Simeon R. Acoba, Jr., Associate Justice in the Supreme Court of Hawaiʻi, and a summer law clerk for the Honorable Ronald Ibarra, Hawaiʻi State Court, Third Circuit, Kona Division.
- Hawaiʻi State Bar Association – Member
- American Bar Association – Member
- Hawaii's Justiciability Doctrine, 26 U. HAW. L. REV. 537 (2004).
- Bradley Pacific Aviation, 34 NMB No. 20 (2007).
- Alakai Na Keiki, Inc. v. Hamamoto, 113 Hawai‘i 210, 150 P.3d 1281 (2007).
- Clark v. Goodwill Industries of Hawaii, Inc., 2010 WL 86729 (D. Haw. 2010); 2009 WL 3050277 (D. Haw. 2009); 2009 WL 2877289 (D. Haw. 2009).