King Kamehameha V Judiciary History Center & The William S. Richardson School of Law, University of Hawai‘i proudly present
Ho‘okupu Mākou īa Richardson
We Pay Tribute to Richardson
Date: Monday, August 8, 2011
Time: 5:15 – 7:15 P.M.
Place: Ali‘iōlani Hale, 417 S. King Street
Join us in remembering the many accomplishments of former Chief Justice William S. Richardson. A remarkably humble man of infectious enthusiasm, “CJ” bridged the period beginning not many years after the overthrow of the Hawaiian Kingdom through the election of a United States president from Hawai‘i.
Speakers will include contributors to the University of Hawai‘i Law Review 2010-2011,
Tribute: Chief Justice William S. Richardson (1919-2010).
Music by the Casualettes
- Oli Aloha No William S. Richardson, Kahikino Noa Detweiler
- Introduction, Dean Aviam Soifer, William S. Richardson School of Law (UHL)
- Tribute, Chief Justice William S. Richardson 1919-2010, Lynda Arakawa & Christopher Leong, Editors, University of Hawai‘i Law Review
- Ka Lama Ku o Ka No‘eau: The Standing Torch of Wisdom, Melody K. MacKenzie, UHL
- A Beloved Teacher Whose Vision had No Boundaries, Ivan Lui-Kwan, Starn O’Toole Marcus & Fisher
- A Richardson Lawyer, Mari Matsuda, UHL
- The Richardson Years: A Golden Age of Law in Hawai‘i, Associate Justice Simeon R. Acoba, Jr.
- Closing Remarks, Chief Justice Mark Recktenwald
RSVP REQUIRED – 539-4999
Light refreshments will be served.