Entering Class of 2013*
*As of October 1, 2013. LSAT/UGPA percentiles were calculated by the Law School Admission Council (LSAC) based on matriculant lists provided by the William S. Richardson School of Law to the American Bar Association (ABA).
|Number of Apps||553||505||48|
|Number of Offers||184||170||14|
|Number of Matrics||66||53||13|
Conditional Scholarships: Scholarship Retention Data Worksheet
Students Entering with Conditional Scholarships
Students Whose Conditional Scholarships Have Since Been Reduced or Eliminated
|2012||102||10||2 (Eliminated due to failure to maintain 3.0 GPA requirement)|
|2011||116||5||1 (Eliminated due to failure to maintain 3.0 GPA requirement)|
See Cost of Attendance.
See Financial Aid.
See the University Bursar's Office website for the University's refund policy.
2013 JD Enrollment and Ethnicity
|Hispanics of any race||7||5.1||18||10.7||22||9.2||3||4.5||4||4.5||25||8.2||3|
|Amer Ind/Alsk Native||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Nat Haw/Pac Isl||5||3.6||5||3.0||10||4.2||0||0||4||4.5||10||3.3||12|
|Two or more races||42||30.7||55||32.5||77||32.2||20||29.9||31||34.8||97||31.7||24|
2013 JD Attrition (from prior year)
|Deans, librarians, & others who teach||16||18||5||6||11||12||9||9|
See also Faculty & Staff.
See Academic calendar.
|Total amount spent on library materials||$850,697|
|Study seating capacity inside the library||389|
|Number of FTE professional librarians||5|
|Hours per week library is open||96|
See also Library.
The Law School campus is comprised of two major buildings, connected by a UH campus walkway:
Law Main/Classroom Building:
- Built in 1983, the "open air" main Law School building features five medium-large classrooms, five seminar rooms, a large moot court room, a student lounge, faculty/program/administrative/staff offices, conference rooms, an entry lobby, and a "green" interior courtyard with outdoor tables, benches, and native plants.
- The building has 33,000 square feet of interior space and 18,000 square feet of covered exterior space.
- The Law School hosts a bustling outdoor French bistro/cafe, with fresh crepes, coffee, and salads.
- The entire building features WiFi.
- Some classrooms have presentation technology installed. Law School Information Technology services make this technology readily available to the remaining rooms.
Law Library Building
- Built in 1982, the award-winning design for the Law Library features a large lobby for library services and special events, a lounge area where students can eat and drink, beautiful historic art, high ceilings, skylights, and a large floor area for library resources, student study areas, staff/faculty offices, two law student journals, Information Technology services, archives, and a lanai with a view of Diamond Head crater and Waikīkī.
- The Library has 32,000 square feet of covered space.
- The entire building features WiFi and wired study areas.
- Printers, computer lab (Mac and PC), and IT support are available to students.
- Public work stations allow access to library databases.
- A major library renovation project is underway for the existing first floor that will modernize the flooring, layout, and furniture for the entire Law Library. It is projected to be complete in Summer 2014.
The Law School is planning on two major building expansion projects:
- A Community Legal Outreach Center (CLOC) will add a 6,000 new square feet addition to the Main/Classroom building, featuring state-of-the-art suites and facilities for our clinical outreach programs, plus 4,000 square feet of renovation to the existing building. The planning phase was completed in 2008: The design phase (funded by the State Legislature) started in Spring 2013 continues with architects Group 70 International. Supported by the UH Capital Improvements Project prioritization process, the Law School is currently seeking capital funds for the construction phase (projected to start in 2014) from the State Legislature, to be funded by a mix of revenue bonds and general obligation bonds. The CLOC will be LEED silver certified.
- The addition of the originally envisioned second floor to the Law Library, comprised of a 25,000 square feet addition and 22,000 square feet of renovation, will modernize and integrate the functions of the two buildings. The project includes a campus cafe, community events space, program suites for existing and new collaborative multidisciplinary programs, classrooms, seminar spaces, faculty suites, library archive and rare books areas, library faculty/staff offices, special library collection zones, student curricular and extra-curricular areas, and a moot court room. The second floor project will aim for LEED gold certification.
The Class of 2013 data has been submitted to NALP and the summary will be posted once it becomes available.
See also Employment Statistics.
2012 Bar Passage Rates
|First Time Takers||94|
|Avg. Pass Diff||-0.72|
|Avg. School %||74.39|
|Avg. State %||75.11|
See also Hawaiʻi Bar Passage.
Section 509 (c) Policies regarding the transfer of credit earned at another institution of higher education
See Section 509 (b)(8).
See Section 509 (b)(2).